Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 76 02-12-2007 , 03:16 AM
Subscriber
lookin' awesome, man

I think as far as the colors goes, it's a kinda harsh transition into a boring and lost midsection between the lower legs to the upper chest. He could use some repeated colors up in those bits to pull it all together, I think.
really sweet user added image

# 77 02-12-2007 , 11:02 PM
arran: Hey thanks again.

Funky Bunnies: To be honest, if you look at the reference photo, it's pretty much all black and not much colour at all, so I want to kinda stick to that, but at the same time can't resist putting a little more here and there. was thinking about taking some colour and contrast out to match the reference but he will be in darkish surroundings to begin with and if they are too plain and dark he'll be lost in the shot. The original belts are a bit chunkier as are the thighs, but I'm not too fussed about that as these guys are just general guards and I still need to build loads of others, including an elite version of these guys which will allow me to change the design a bit more to something a bit cooler. Will re-use much of it but will address the balance of the design on the next model.
In fact there are three more different soldier classes to be build. First will be the elite version of these guys and then the Talos outfit and Jack, who will have a more figure hugging stealthy suit. And others.
This soldier isn't actually that important, overall.
The hip/thigh area I plan to change a little with each soldier, adding different things to the belt and possibly different secondary weapons and so on, but it all depends on how much time I have and what will be in shot.

Will see how it all looks in the scene as I can adjust all the things mentioned after rigging anyway.

Cheers

Gio

Gio

Creator of The Talos Project