Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-01-2003 , 08:29 AM

Mirror/reverse a lofted surface

I'm stuck on doing what seems to be a simple process but can't for the life of me work out how:

I am building the fuselage of an aircraft in halves by drawing 4 curves at key points along the hull (nose, 2 middle, and rear). I then selected all 4 and lofted them to create my surface, which did what I wanted.
Now all I want to do is duplicate, mirror and attach to complete it.
Ideally what I want to do is use the Mirror Geometry command, but it won't let me because it isn't a polygon.
I've tried duplicating and rotating, but I can't do that because it needs to be reversed.
THERE MUST BE AN EASIER WAY!!!user added image
I've attached a jpeg of what I have so far. Any help on this will be immensely appreciated.
SiriusMark

# 2 06-01-2003 , 12:18 PM
Scratch that. I worked it out. Once I lofted the curves I simply selected 'Convert to Polygon'. The settings in that took a bit of deciphering but I just experimented with different settings til I got what I wanted.
And after a LOT of tweeking, its finally taking shape.