Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 31-01-2009 , 01:03 AM
Subscriber

Nurbs attach curve major Issue HELP

I am simply trying to make a perfect oval,
•I first make a nurbs circle, set the sweep to 180,
•Then duplicate and rotate, so they mirror one another.
•Then I go to attach curves, then in the att. editor I Change the Method: to connect from blend.

For some reason no matter what I do one side is always not the same as the other. An i need to be able to run a planar command on the curves it wont work unless the lines are perfect...

Please help this is for a school project and Im totally dead in the water. thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Bradysammons.com
New Media Designer
Student: Academy of Art University S.F.
My WIP
# 2 31-01-2009 , 10:53 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Not sure what the problem is exactly, but i know curves are a bit funky with curvedirection so i would check that first, then i would change the connection method back to connect instead of blend.
If this doesn't work i would cut the curve down the middle delete the half you don't like(the rightside i suppose) duplicate and mirror the half you like adjust the curvedirection if needs be and attach it with a simple connect in the middle .
Also make sure that keep originals is off

good luck user added image

Last edited by mastone; 31-01-2009 at 10:55 AM.