Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-05-2009 , 03:58 PM

something different

Hello,
Just came back from a long trip, and got some crazy inspiration. I actually did this kinda stuff back in artschool, where I studied sculpture. There I welded all kinds of scrapmetal together, but this is my 3D implementation; I found some nice free 3D models online, and just freestyling it together.. a little photoshoppin didn't hurt anyone before so... I'm curious how you guys think about this sort of stuff..
In the end I'd like to make a nice oil-painting out of it...

Attached Thumbnails

'surf now, apocalypse later'

Last edited by phonk; 25-05-2009 at 04:05 PM.
# 2 25-05-2009 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber
I quite like it. Improving in Photoshop is something I'm keen to do, and this reminds me of some photoshop tutorials I've looked at over the last week. How have you gone about making this?

# 3 26-05-2009 , 12:30 AM
Really like it phonk!
I used to do a lot of 2d stuff that was pretty much exactly the same as this, you've got my mind going with the possibility's!
I'm thinking it's kind of "warped" objects with a toon outline shader? Then some added artwork in photoshop?
I'm going to have to give this kind of thing a go in the future, thanks for giving me some inspiration!
And keep up the good work, hope to see many more like it in the future!

# 4 26-05-2009 , 11:14 AM
thank you!
that's the best man, to be able to inspire!
The way I came up with this is actually my preferred way of working with 3D and 2D. Mostly intuitive, expressionistic. Sort of start without a clear endgoal..
Theres no toonshader. Just made this mash-up of elements of a gun, a hummer, some mercedes rims, a mech warrior.. Then then made a render of 3 different angles (with simple lambert and ambient occlussion texture plugged in), brought these together in photoshop, made a composition, merged the thee layers, did some liquify and applied a simple stroke to it..
I'm always inspired by comic art, grafitti, jugendstil..

thnx

# 5 26-05-2009 , 07:47 PM
two additions:

Attached Thumbnails

# 6 26-05-2009 , 07:49 PM
no. 3

Attached Thumbnails

# 7 26-05-2009 , 09:23 PM
Subscriber
could I have a look at the renders u used before you took them into photoshop?