Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-03-2003 , 07:52 AM
Subscriber

Last Flight of the Osiris/Dreamcatcher

Hey guy's I just got back in from watching Deamcatcher with the animatrix short of Flight of the Osiris. Both are a must see! FOTO is Final Fantasy quality graphics and is simply uh.... Breathtaking yeah thats the word to use. user added image

As for Dreamcatcher... Well now I HAVE to read the book. This has to be one of the best Steven King based movies I have ever seen.

Go watch them both it's well worth the money!

~GateKeeper
Not really certified not really new!
# 2 22-03-2003 , 08:00 AM

Re: Last Flight of the Osiris/Dreamcatcher

Originally posted by GateKeeper
FOTO is Final Fantasy quality graphics and is simply uh.... Breathtaking yeah thats the word to use. user added image

Yeah, I'm seeing it today here in the states, and FOTO was done by SQUARE, the same folks who did Final Fantasy, so I'm not surprised about the great look and quality of animationuser added image

Can't wait!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 22-03-2003 , 02:37 PM
Subscriber
Very true. Let me know what you thought about FOTO and Dreamcatcher. Any SK enthusists (sorry bad spelling) who are planning on seeing the movie and can tell us how close to the book it came?

~GateKeeper
# 4 22-03-2003 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
what are these? the animatrix shorts?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 5 22-03-2003 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
Final Flight of the Osiris is an animatrix short that Warnerbrothers is putting out with the new Steven King based movie the Dreamcatcher.

~GateKeeper
# 6 22-03-2003 , 04:22 PM
Subscriber
where can we watch it? is it downloadable?

- Simon

# 7 22-03-2003 , 04:27 PM
Subscriber
Sorry Nem its not downloadable. Its only showing with Dreamcatcher in the theaters.

By the by I've been meaning to ask you is your name from Battle Circly by Piers Anthony? Just an abstract thought user added image

~GateKeeper
# 8 22-03-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
my name Nem?
no, i used to call myself nemesis (from an SG-1 episode, from the resident evil game and because of the meaning of the name) on counterstrike (online game)
then when i stopped playin CS, i changed it to nem cos its more friendly and theres also a character call Nem in SG-1 user added image

- Simon

# 9 22-03-2003 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
Ah okay. i had read said book before and one of the character's name was Nem the stick I believe. Thanks for the clarification!

~GateKeeper
# 10 24-03-2003 , 02:04 AM
Final Flight of the Osiris had probably the most realistic skin shaders I have ever scene! It was amazing, especially the end when she lands. As far as the movie, as soon as he started using the gun as a phone, and you realise that they are being serious, then I couldn't take the movie seriously anymore. I think that after that point it started to go downhill oh well. FoTO was definetly worth sitting thru Dream Catcher!!
Lauren and Brian

# 11 24-03-2003 , 02:08 AM
Subscriber
I thought the gun scene in Dreamcatcher was a bit funny in a creepy sort of way. But hey to each his own right? user added image

FOTO was really really well done though. The part where she lands are you talking about the very end or the part where she hits the ground as soon as she enters the matrix.

~GateKeeper
# 12 24-03-2003 , 02:24 AM
When she enters the matirx and she lands on the concrete and the dumpsters reverberate around her. the phone part was real funny...but then I realized they were trying to make it serious. oh well.

Brian

# 13 24-03-2003 , 02:48 AM
I watched one set of Animatrix episodes. And it was like 30 min. How long was the animatrix before the movie?

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 14 24-03-2003 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
SumbuddySumwhere ah yeah that part rocked!

Ultragames the one before the movie was about 11 minutes long I believe.

~GateKeeper
# 15 25-03-2003 , 07:28 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Nem
then when i stopped playin CS, i changed it to nem cos its more friendly and theres also a character call Nem in SG-1 user added image

Why did you stop playing CS?? that game is very good for multiplayer.... I'm still new to it but i love it

-Emo