Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-09-2003 , 04:23 PM

Underwater Scene

Underwater Scene...rendered with depth of field camera...

user added image

# 2 23-09-2003 , 06:28 PM
Subscriber
give us a bigger image to look at =P

# 3 23-09-2003 , 09:01 PM
oo did you use motion blur or anything? that looks good. but yeah, show us a bigger image user added image

<a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675">May/June 2005 Challenge Entry</a>
# 4 24-09-2003 , 04:19 AM

for your viewing pleasure: a bigger file :)

sorry...check back tomorrow...i'll have a bigger pic up...really...

Last edited by rainnbutterfly; 24-09-2003 at 04:23 AM.
# 5 24-09-2003 , 10:35 AM
You can attach pictures to the forums so you dont need to host big pictures on geocities user added image

# 6 24-09-2003 , 01:55 PM
user added image

there is some loss of resolution in the background cause i compressed it to a jpg...if you want to see the full resolution tiff, you can go here:

https://www.geocities.com/butterflies...heSeaStill.tif

and orgeeizm, no motion blur, but i did use depth of field during rendering, so there is bluring in the foreground and background...

thanks for checking it out! user added image

# 7 24-09-2003 , 03:31 PM
wow that's funky...almost seems like motion blur not DOF

# 8 25-09-2003 , 09:57 AM
whoa..yeah..that might be too much blurring for me...i'm getting sea sick from looking at that pic. and a lot of detail is lost in the foreground..lets see one without dof on. it looks cools though. the jellyfish is looking good

# 9 25-09-2003 , 01:20 PM
Hmmm.. i think it doesnt look like underwater, but that's just me user added image

The jelly fish... he looks ok. but i mean, his tentacles are one entity, you should split them up to seperate tentacles, add bubbles, maybe a shadowy rippelly effect from the waters surface cast over the top of everything? Definately too much blur.

looking alright though user added image

# 10 25-09-2003 , 03:12 PM
thanks for the feedback...i'm kind of stuck with it the way it is though cause i rendered it at school and 1) that's currently the only computer capable of rendering 3D that I have access to and 2) it's 3D rendering capabilities pretty much suck...I'm hoping to purchase a machine really soon, and then maybe re-render the whole thing the way I ultimately want it to look...but as it is, it took about 25 hours to render 900 frames...and I had to go through that excruciating experience about three times before the camera paths and everything else were close to what I actually wanted....so, anyway, yeah...I'll wait til I've got the right equipment before I attempt anymore modifications user added image

and, as far as shadowy ripples being cast, there actually is a caustic being projected from above...I think it's just hard to see in a still...

thanks again for looking though user added image

if/when I rework it, I'll repost... user added image