Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 23-05-2016 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber

Missing files for the OutDoor Env Project

Hi Dave

Sorry to bother you again but I am having real difficulty following the Out Door Environments tutorials.

I’m on the second bush. The problem I have is that none of the files that you are using for the textures (raw or complete) are included. For instance, on the second bush you take a 4 x 4 yellow leaf texture and apply it to the bush, there is a 3 leaf texture included (I am assuming front) but there is no back. I have included screen shots of what I have

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 2 23-05-2016 , 09:00 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'll dig out some of my textures for you when I get to the office tomorrowuser added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 24-05-2016 , 07:36 AM
Subscriber
thanks Dave

Custom built W10 Pro 64 bit, Hazwell Intel 5820, Asus X99 MOBO, 32 GB DDR4 Ram, EVGA nVidia GTX1080 Founders Edition, 512GB SSD Primary HDD, 16TB Storage, 27" Samsung 4k Display. Wacom 27QHD, Oculus Rift CV1
# 4 24-05-2016 , 03:06 PM
SM Tea Boy
I'm uploading the yellow leaf images now. It was my intention to give out all the raw images i took with this tutorial but that actually topped out at over 300Gb which is a bit much.

https://wikisend.com/download/747328/leaf_yellow.rar

I really encourage you to try taking your own images especially for things like this (i'll of course share mine it's just gives you more freedom if you take your own) I did it a very simply way took a sheet of a4 put the leaf on it next to a sunny window. Take another sheet of a4 tape it together in a cylinder place this around the leaf then take an image from over the top. Poor Man's quick and simple softbox you get no shadows and no spec lights.

If you plan on doing a lot of environments it's really usefull to have a library of your own images.

If you spot any other textures you need let me know and i'll dig them out.

BTW This is up next Jay just finished it and you could not ask for a better instructor if you like this sort of thing

Attached Thumbnails

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 24-05-2016 , 06:06 PM
Subscriber
many thanks Dave, 300GB wouldn't bother me user added image hahaha i have a 250MB connection but i understand yours is slower. No worries, thanks for uploading. I can crack on with the tutorial now.

I will give it a go, tried with a grass leaf, took 4 images on my cannon, stitched them together in PS but it just dint cut it lol

Cheers Myth

Last edited by mythandra; 24-05-2016 at 06:08 PM.
# 6 25-05-2016 , 01:30 PM
EduSciVis-er

I did it a very simply way took a sheet of a4 put the leaf on it next to a sunny window. Take another sheet of a4 tape it together in a cylinder place this around the leaf then take an image from over the top. Poor Man's quick and simple softbox you get no shadows and no spec lights.

Nice photo tip.