Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-06-2004 , 01:56 AM
Subscriber

scrambled reference image

I am trying to put a 2d file texture on a poly plane as a reference image, but the result scrambles the photo file and when I hardware texture, all I get on the plane is noise. I thought it might be a video card issue, but I have done this technique before, and when I open files with this kind of reference image, they still display. I also tried an image plane, but I got the same static problems. Any help would be appreciated. I cant progress in this tutorial until I figure out the reference image thing. Thanks

# 2 02-06-2004 , 02:22 AM
Subscriber
I just tried loading one of the jpegs from a different file and it worked, but changing the file to the one I want still has scramble. This leads me to belive it might be something with the file I am trying to load. Is there anything I might be able to do in Photoshop or something to make the image load right?

# 3 02-06-2004 , 02:32 AM
Sounds a strange problem but the first thing I would do is open the file and take a screenshot, crop it and try again.

# 4 02-06-2004 , 02:32 AM
Are you saving the scrambled one as a progressive jpg? Try to save it as a normal jpg and give it another shot.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 5 02-06-2004 , 03:04 AM
Subscriber
Thanks, guys. I did a screenshot and croped it in Photoshop, and it worked! Thanks alot! Very Clever DrRobotnik. Now I can get on with learning character modeling.