Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 27-01-2013 , 09:00 PM

multiple animations for single model - maya

hey all. . . coming from blender but learning maya now through school...

in blender, we could save multiple animations clips for different movements (for game characters). IE: walk/run cycles, idle stances, poses/emotes & attack/defensive moves. All this data was in the same project/scene, and we could call these different animation clips pertinent to their respective names.

however i'm unable to find this in maya, i've searched high and low about this topic. . . people say to save them out into different scenes, which is stupid if you ask me. . people post all the time in unity's assett store the .fbx files (exported objects) that carry multiple animations per 1 .fbx file (Walk/run cycles, stances, combat moves etc.)

Does anyone know the terminology for this process, so that i can start getting some tutorials goign on for my animations? All help is greatly appreciated!!!

user added image

# 2 27-01-2013 , 09:09 PM
Subscriber