Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 01-08-2007 , 01:25 AM
Hey tweetytunes.
just a few pointers on your reel and web site, im currently at escape studios and have been given lots of tips on show reels.
I think its too long and some of your best work are near the end, the turntables are way to fast, you cant see your models clearly, do something differnt rather than a turtable a slow pass of some of the images on your web site would go down alot better in my opinion,
Put some wireframes over the models, take out the cloth section and put it in your animation.
I think your web site show how good you are at modeling. i really like your grimlock model.

Good luck mate

# 17 01-08-2007 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
Again thx for taking the time out to look at my work.

yer I`m currently setting up some different shots of my models as we speak and may just do what you say with some of the stills.

Again the cloth was not my animation therefore will not be placed within my animation section. I also believe this is a separate skill in the area of 3d and needs its own section. I may get rid of the animation section all together though.

Also thx for taking a look at the site I`m sorry its still a bit of a mess at the mo but the show reel is taken up most my time.

Escape studies errr - I was going to be on the "massive" training there before my job went south - hope you are enjoying it there.

# 18 07-08-2007 , 03:38 AM
Subscriber
Wow youved got some really nice stuff up there. Great update on the video, with re-ordering where things were etc ...

Also just a question from me to everyone, as for when you choose your music ... i remember someone saying that you have to get some authorization from the actual producer of the music to allow it in your show reel or anything?

GL on the hunt

Last edited by marlonjohn; 07-08-2007 at 03:41 AM.
# 19 08-08-2007 , 06:47 PM
19 year Veteran
Awsome show reel Tweetytunes! user added image I Forgot about some of the stuff you had done. Was the steampunk ship you made in the reel? I saw a ship that looked like the one that you did but was not shure.