Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 31-01-2008 , 06:30 AM

Docking Bay

Hi!
I've made another fun little thing in Maya. A ship docking in a docking bay. If you are wondering why the ship is shifting at the end, it is because of some strange physics bug and not rendering from the beginning. I rendered this in 3 stages, one for each camera, and for each camera I played the animation to that frame, then hit batch render.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCXE5SIU1vI

And yeah, the ship is controlled by physics, and its gravity was increased to full to try and keep it firm on the platform.
Sounds were mixed with MODPlug Tracker.

/Edward

# 2 31-01-2008 , 07:11 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
nice, quite good
if i ahve any crits is that the lighting is possibley abit of in parts (too dark or light)

# 3 31-01-2008 , 09:23 AM
Yeah, maybe a bit too dark. But YouTube made it darker. And reason why so light was... Well, I sometimes have problems with lighting, but also I was going a bit by a mix of a memory from Babylon5, and also something from Jedi Knight.

/Edward

# 4 31-01-2008 , 09:30 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
did you make the models?

# 5 31-01-2008 , 11:00 AM
Yeah. Made the ships, the platform, and the first doors in 3DS. The rest was done in Maya. The textures though, aren't my creation.