Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 17-03-2006 , 07:18 PM

Walkerman with Centaur Added

Walkerman download is now in:
Download > Mel Download > Animation Download

I see quite a few people have downloaded the program, so far I have only had one person ask me questions about it and no comments . . . :angery:

I guess I'll have to bribe ya . . . :attn:

I am presently in the process of finishing up the coding for a Centaur . . . . I will probably finish it sometime tonight or saturday.

Since I am not getting much feedback on the program, I will release this new code early to anyone who leaves me comments on Walkerman, or maybe gives me an idea of how they used it or what modifications they would like to see.

If you send me a comment, include your email address and I will zip a copy of the new code to you when it is finished. user added image

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 2 22-03-2006 , 08:27 AM
well, i dont konw where to download your stuff, but hey, keep doing what your doing, you seem to be understanding it. woo

Attached Images
# 3 22-03-2006 , 05:46 PM

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 4 27-03-2006 , 08:24 AM
Centaur coding completed . . . .

# 5 01-04-2006 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber
I would like to check this out, but im not sure how to set it up , and i don't see any instructions.

Any guidance is apprecaited, thanks.

Last edited by )v(3thuDmaN; 01-04-2006 at 03:17 AM.
# 6 01-04-2006 , 06:29 AM
The walkerman program is in a zip file, and there is a RTF file that was included with it with instructions for installation, but I have since updated it, so I will attach it here in a zip.

Attached Files
File Type: zip install.zip (4.5 KB, 214 views)

# 7 01-04-2006 , 09:52 AM
Subscriber
Sorry bout that i somehow missed the RTF file.

Thanks for updated copy, gonna try this out and see how it goes.

# 8 01-04-2006 , 10:20 AM
Subscriber

To Start the program, type \'93go\'94 in the command line

I tried that and it just sais syntax error.

I feel like a noob right now, sorry for the trouble.

Last edited by )v(3thuDmaN; 01-04-2006 at 10:30 AM.
# 9 01-04-2006 , 10:36 AM
You should be typing just

go

It should work that way . .

# 10 01-04-2006 , 10:53 AM
Have you copied all the scripts to the scripts folder?

# 11 01-04-2006 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
Ok i got the command to work, thanks.

The walkerman icon works and opens the skeleton and control menu

But if i click the quadwalker i get this error.

Error: "$n" is an undeclared variable.

Last edited by )v(3thuDmaN; 01-04-2006 at 11:10 AM.
# 12 01-04-2006 , 06:44 PM
Take this file I have attached and replace the go.mel file that you have in your script folder, it should fix the problem . . . .

Attached Files
File Type: zip go.zip (529 Bytes, 184 views)

# 13 01-04-2006 , 06:50 PM
Make sure that you source the go.mel file after you place it in the script folder . . .

There are several ways you can accomplish this . . .

you can open the script editor, which is in the lower right corner,
Click File>source script , then select the "go.mel" script

or

you can copy this into the script editor:

source "go";

highlight it and then hit the numeric enter key . . . you have to use the numeric, not the regual enter key.

Another way to do it would be to close and re-start Maya.

I appreciate you sending me comments on this code, it helps me improve it. If you are interested in the FULL version that has the centaur, click on the email below and send me an email address were I can send you the code . . . . I have not published the FULL code yet, the people who send me comments, feedback or ideas get to receive it first before I publish it to the forum.

Last edited by skywola; 01-04-2006 at 06:58 PM.
# 14 02-04-2006 , 01:06 AM
Subscriber
Thanks man, replaced the go script. Didn't know i had to hit the numeric enter key, so i did that and replaced the icons on the shelf and quadwalker works.