Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-12-2002 , 04:30 PM

Final render

I'm sure this is a really basic guestion, but when you have your final render of an animation, in say jpeg format what do you do to get them into a final animation. I know you can use fcheck but isn't that just for testing?Also it seems to keep slowing up and stalling when playing the animation. Do I need some kind of other software to put all the jpegs togeather. If so does anyone know of a cheap program, as I have very little money. Thanks.

# 2 06-12-2002 , 07:29 PM
Subscriber

Re: Final render

Originally posted by SSS
Also it seems to keep slowing up and stalling when playing the animation. Do I need some kind of other software to put all the jpegs togeather. If so does anyone know of a cheap program, as I have very little money. Thanks.

the slowing down is due to the fact (if you rendered avi directly) that maya does not (!!) compress the avi. this is impossible to play back even on fast computers. you can reencode the avi to e.g. divx using virtualdub (which is free) and divx codec.

# 3 07-12-2002 , 04:08 PM
Thanks BabyDuck. I love free software.

# 4 11-12-2002 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
what you could do is setup up the render globals out put to an avi and set the frames.... and set extension to name.ext

and set the first and the last frame... it will render out the complete animation into one avi..

# 5 11-12-2002 , 09:42 PM
Thanks Tariqrf. I tried rendering my anim at 1024 as an AVI, but then couldn't get it to open in Virtualdub. But then I rendered it at 640 by 480 and that opened up OK and seemed good enough quality after compressing. So I'll stick with that method.

# 6 11-12-2002 , 10:00 PM
i had this same problem. I used Cleaner 5 EZ, i think it's free. You should get it. I compressed a 300mb .avi file into a 920kb .mov file. The quality wasn't changed that much either user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 7 11-12-2002 , 10:55 PM
Subscriber
lol wow!!! I should check that Cleaner 5 out user added image

thanks

-Emo