Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 07-04-2007 , 07:18 AM

Textures render different from shaded mode show

Hi! Trying to map a woodtexture onto a bunch of surfaces in maya - nurbsmodel from rhino. When first applying the material to the surfaces, half the surfaces had the wood running in the right direction - half had it 90 degrees wrong.
Rotated the uvs in the uvtexture editor and it looks just right in the shaded view of the viewport.
But when i render the scene (with either maya render or mental ray) it looks just as wrong as when i first applied the material.
Anyone out there with ideas on how to solve this?

# 2 07-04-2007 , 03:03 PM
there was a lot of that when i was recreating my house's interior in maya... i created most of it with nurbs and found that the viewport shaded view was different than the rendered view... i basically just ignored what the shaded view was telling me and went what i got from the render. any hardware view can differ from an actual render view, so a test render helps. trust what the render shows you as opposed to the viewport. it may be a simple graphics driver issue, but if you can still correct the error and have it render correctly, who cares what the viewport tells you?

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 07-04-2007 , 11:24 PM
Hi man, and thanks!
Of course your right. My real problem is that I cant figure out how to change the uvs to be right for the rendering. When I change it in the uv editor, the shaded view change, but not the render. Do you know how I can rotate my wood texture on individual surfaces and get the changes when rendering?
Thanks again!

# 4 08-04-2007 , 02:00 AM
use the rotate uv attribute in the texture where you applied your wood image file (in the 2d texture placement node)

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 08-04-2007 , 03:17 AM
K man, thanks again!

# 6 08-04-2007 , 05:46 PM
sure hope it helped!

(if not i guess i'm a hack user added image)

Accept no substitutions.