Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 08-03-2008 , 02:10 PM

Vertex "numeration"

I don't know how these vertex numbers appear but it slow down the edditing proccess and is very disturbing. I try a lot of things and nothing.

Please help me !!!!!

I have Maya 2008.

user added image

# 2 08-03-2008 , 02:38 PM
did you look through the help files and the display preferences windows? i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for there.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 08-03-2008 , 02:43 PM
I realize that in Windows/Preferences/Polygons we have an option to turn item numbers on/off for Vertices/Edges/Faces/UV's. That's what happened. When this options is on anything I create get stucked with these numbers, but when I turn these options off whatever was created with the numbers stay with them.

That's my problem. I can't get rid of this. Everything in my scene have these numbers now and no matter what I do, duplicate, import to another blank scene, etc, the numbers don't disapear.

# 4 09-03-2008 , 04:41 AM
Lifetime Member
You should be able to select all the geometry by dragging a selection over everything, the go up to the top of the UI and under Display go down to the Polygons submenu and select Custom Polygon Display and in the option box next to show item numbers check off Vertices and hit apply.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 5 09-03-2008 , 06:07 AM
HY jsprogg thanks for your cooperation.

Funny thing. I tried what you said and... it's all unchecked. The numbers appears but the option says not to.

So what I did was select the Affect All in the top of the Custom Polygon Display options window. Then I check all show numbers option boxes (vertices, faces, uv's, edges).
Hit apply.
Wait for the command to be completed.
Now I uncheck all the show numbers and hit apply and close.
After a while (big scene) the numbers are gone !

Well, that was odd but worked this way.

Thanks again for the cooperation.