Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 29-03-2011 , 09:49 PM

Extruding on 2 axis of a curve

Hopefully I explain this correctly my terminology isn't the best. Basically given the picture I want to extrude this track along this curve but only on the x, y axis and not the z axis. In other words, I want a curved wall for the length of my track.

user added image

Right now every time I extrude I can some very strange shapes. The best I can mange to get is for it all the geometry to come to a single point at the top of the curve, and thats only when I have 1 division which isn't much of a curve. I'm working with polygons and using maya 2011. If this can't be done using an extrude on a curve perhaps someone has another suggestion as to the best way to make a wall for the length of the track. The only catch is the wall needs to slope up almost like a half pipe.

Last edited by Overbound; 29-03-2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Understand better
# 2 04-04-2011 , 04:12 PM
The thin red line
Make a copy of the bottom part move it up to there you want the new part to end then combine then use the bridge with curve to got you shape...........dave