Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 05-04-2011 , 06:20 PM

Rendering Problems with Mental Ray

Hello
Im a newb to this forum, so I apologise if im doing this incorrectly.

I have been making up a scene and up until this morning it was working and rendering fine, then along came a rendering problem, when i come to render out my scene i get a

// Warning: There is no renderable render layer. Nothing is rendered.

I then re-started the scene and did a test render after dropping the first plane and I get the same message, It was working and rendering up until I started to add IBL, is there something I might have done in the process? I have the file set to the correct folder in the setting, I cannot figure out what it might be?

https://img203.imageshack.us/i/screen...0405at111.png/

Thanks in advance

# 2 05-04-2011 , 06:55 PM
The Nurb Herd
Hi, welcome. user added image

don't you have online help from escape studios?

anyway, its hard to tell because the screenshot is cropped so i can't see your render layers but maybe you just haven't got one selected. its been a while since i used them.

# 3 05-04-2011 , 07:18 PM
Yeah but the time difference means I wont get an answer for a long time so I thought while I was working on it I would see if anyone could help here, not to worry, i play around with the settings and see if that helps

# 4 05-04-2011 , 07:20 PM
The Nurb Herd
did you create any render layers?
are you using maya 2008?