Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 22-01-2005 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
Very nice Mark. I have to agree with the village, mountains and details stuff in there. It will immediatly sell the scale of the ship as gargantuan. Put a sticker on the spaceship as only texture and you've saved a lot of time lol. What's that classic again "We break for nobody"?

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 17 26-01-2005 , 12:17 PM
i thought environment is secondary and the character/creature is primary...or am I wrong?

# 18 26-01-2005 , 01:08 PM
The Maya Mountain
there is no primary focus in regard to what to build.

# 19 26-01-2005 , 02:15 PM
Lifetime Member
In the rules, Mike never meantioned that we have to create a character. Infact he did say this...

2) The goal is to create a piece of game art. Characters are very popular obviously, but you're not limited to just characters/creatures.

I'm creating a space station for a massive multiplayer online game called Eve.

Mark user added image

# 20 26-02-2005 , 10:14 AM
Lifetime Member
I have left it all to the last minute due to my portfolio website and other work getting in the way.

I have UV mapped the whole ship and have started to include the bump map too. If I have time I might include a specula map as well.

Mark user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 21 26-02-2005 , 05:49 PM
Subscriber
I don't think it sells a sense of massiveness. Maybe more texture detailing to simulate panelling, tubing, etc (greebles). Something along the lines of the Deathstar or capital ship maybe? The current texture looks to me like rusted copper.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."