Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-03-2009 , 09:35 PM

Maya and Swift 3D

I am working on a project where I need to export the model and texture data from Maya to Swift 3D. The only way Swift 3D seems to do this is with a 3ds file format.

I can get the model into Swift 3D fine with a DXF format, but obviously the textures aren't there, and it seems very cumbersome to try to re-texture the model in Swift 3D.

Basically, I am at a loss. I have looked for some type of Maya format to 3ds that keeps texture data to no avail. I have looked for plug-ins for Maya and Swift 3D to do this to no avail. I have searched and searched Google for any way to do this, and I am just not finding something that works.

Does anyone have experience doing this, or have any idea of how I might accomplish getting a fully textured model from Maya to Swift 3D?

Thanks to anyone that even replies! :headbang: