Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 31-01-2008 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
try putting the text and logo on the shirt a different colour,
maybe something darker, because it is a little difficult to read.

# 47 31-01-2008 , 10:13 AM
You're right - I put it back in the original design with blue. Looks much better, at least from up close. Further away it's still difficult to read.

Anyway, I have now rigged the character and am working on the skinning. Painting the skin weights is kind of tedious with the body, shirt and jacket, but we'll get there. Soon I'll be ready to start posing the thing (I hope) user added image

Attached Images
# 48 31-01-2008 , 11:23 AM
Subscriber
I like Your character. Good work

# 49 31-01-2008 , 11:26 AM
Thanks, sokol user added image

I've also been working on putting the final scene together. I'm not sure yet if it's going to be a tee-shot or a put. I'm going to play a little bit around with it to see what gives the most fun.

Suggestions are more than welcome as always :p:

Attached Images
# 50 31-01-2008 , 11:53 AM
Subscriber
I like the trees. Are You going to add some clouds on the sky? It may change a lot for good. (I think). Anyway I live In belgium. I was in holland for two months sometimes a go. Nice place. Is there a 3d comunity in holland? There is nothing here in belgium

# 51 31-01-2008 , 08:26 PM
Yes, and not just clouds. The entire landscape needs more work. I just wanted to get a feel for the scale of the geometries.

I live close to the Belgian border. I'm not aware of any 3d communities in the Netherlands.

Perhaps we should start one user added image

Keep going with your egg-beating contest. I think it looks great, and we'll propose the IOC to introduce it in the next Olympics :blush:

# 52 31-01-2008 , 10:05 PM
If you start one, I'll join in as well user added image

but to stay ontopic: I really like your environment, the style matches with the style of the character, so good job user added image
No further comments, I'll just keep watching your progress

...but that was when I ruled the world
# 53 03-02-2008 , 05:52 AM
Cool, three is a crowd and enough to have a lot of fun user added image

Here's another update. I've been working on the environment.

Let me know what you think user added image

Attached Images
# 54 03-02-2008 , 06:17 AM
Subscriber
coming along nicely...However I think you should lower the noise in the green in the distance.
The Bunny looks like he's right at home and the atmosphere is pleasant too.user added image

# 55 05-02-2008 , 10:01 PM
looking good, i like the scene, yeah lower the noise and mayb the brighness of the grass, it seems a little to bright. user added image

# 56 08-02-2008 , 02:51 PM
Although it's still the 10th, I can't post the final render. I want to show it anyway. There's still a lot I wanted to do, but no time left.

It was fun !!

Attached Images