Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 25-08-2005 , 10:31 AM

Mental RAY not loading - Help!

Not sure why but recently mental ray doesn't load into maya, meaning when I go to choose a renderer only maya software and maya hardware show up. Mental ray and maya vector don't show up anymore. Any way to fix this that's known? Lately i've been just opening scenes that have mental ray in it, like my floating city animation, deleting everything in the scene, importing the scene I want to render , then render in mental ray. Lotta work for just a render with MR. Thanks in advance!

# 2 25-08-2005 , 11:15 AM
Subscriber
Go into the plugin manager and check that MayatoMR.mll is enabled. Do the same for VectorRender.mll. Also, if you want it to start up with Maya, check the Autoload box.

Cheers,
Malcolm

'England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty' - Vice-Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson - Battle of Trafalgar - 21st October 1805
# 3 25-08-2005 , 11:20 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I squeeled like a little piglet when that fixed it... ohhh ty ty ty ty

# 4 25-08-2005 , 03:08 PM
how od, the same thing just happened to me today, i realised like 20 mins after reading this post :S

prehaps mental ray is going on strike!
i suppose its about time i gave it a rest

Professional Noob

MSN me