Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 03-02-2010 , 12:24 PM
Subscriber

Remove renderman reference in PLUGIN Path

I have a file that used to be on a computer that was running Renderman, How can I remove the hidden plugin path reference to the Renderman plugin? I'm getting the following error when opening the file:

// Error: line 1: Plug-in, "RenderMan_for_Maya.mll", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 124848: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rob

# 2 06-02-2010 , 02:43 AM
Subscriber

Solution

FYI
If anyone cares, I found the answer:

You can also delete these unknown nodes via the UI. In the File > Optimize Scene option box, there's a checkbox for unknown nodes

# 3 02-04-2019 , 04:09 PM
Wow marvelous! Thanks a lot.