Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 121 31-01-2003 , 10:33 PM

Originally posted by mtmckinley
I've been pouring over mountains of por... er... reference material

lol! user added image

# 122 31-01-2003 , 10:50 PM
Hey mtmckinley,

I really like your model. Great design. Everything looks pretty cool except for the pelvic bone isn't prominent enough. It makes the hip section look a little manly, which if you look at .... well you know, your reference material, you'll see that the female pelvic bone actually sticks out. I'm not sure if the love handles on the figure is what you were trying to use as the pelvic bone, but something just doesn't look right.

Of course, I'm not one to judge really, so do what you need to do. I really like the design.

# 123 31-01-2003 , 10:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for the comment, wchamlet!

I haven't really delved into the pelvis area fully yet (wha!? :p) mainly because it's going to be covered up in the final image.

Thanks!

# 124 01-02-2003 , 01:22 AM
The Maya Mountain
# 125 01-02-2003 , 01:26 AM
Starting to come together Bud.... Really looking forward to it.... We should do a animation short with her and the pig guy muhahahahahah

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 126 01-02-2003 , 05:50 AM
Subscriber
this is really nice work - i'm inspired - can't wait to see how it finishes - great composition with the snakes - i bet just a little movement will be super effective in animation!

very nice breasts - i commend your use of quality reference material user added image

now i know you said in the final version the pelvis will be hidden but the model is such a beautiful example of the female anatomy i for one would like to see the rest of her naked! and i share wchamlet's opinion of the pelvic roundness - also i think the subtle lines around the belly and hips look a little unatural (too paralel to one another...) - this is only apparant because of the very natural organic curves you have achieved elsewhere - notably on the lovely pair i already complimented above and the bum which shows great promise!

looking forward to more! user added image

Check out the subsurfacescattering on my tongue...

<a href="https://www.reitzmachine.com">www.reitzmachine.com</a>
# 127 01-02-2003 , 07:27 AM
Subscriber
Heheh, yea kurt... have your pig guy come up to medusa with a huge axe (i just like axes for big pigs) and then have medusa give it a glare and your pig guy turns to stone user added image. Heheh, great job.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 128 01-02-2003 , 07:59 AM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for the comments everyone! user added image

Here's some wire images. I've elongated the torso, as compared to a few reference images I have, her torso seemed too short. I've also tweaked little things here and there. The arms are still very much new.

user added imageuser added image
user added image

I'm pretty sure that I'll eventually model the entire thing, but for this challenge, as there's a time limit, I'm only going to do what's needed for the image. Actually, I've already done quite a bit more than I really need, as most everything under the breastline will be hidden. :p

# 129 02-02-2003 , 08:06 AM
The Maya Mountain
Added hands. user added image

user added image
user added image
user added image

# 130 02-02-2003 , 08:19 AM
Subscriber
Oh my...

Very nice!

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 131 02-02-2003 , 09:06 AM
Subscriber
wow...she looks as if she's cold user added image

very nice!!! I can't wait to see the rest!

-Emo

# 132 02-02-2003 , 10:23 AM
Wow! Deadly. She looks as if she could "un-brain" you with a few deft strokes of her nimble little hands.

My best ideas come to me while in bed!
# 133 02-02-2003 , 02:48 PM
Looks sweet mike. love the hands very lady death strike look... I start working on my lotr guy again this week=)

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 134 02-02-2003 , 04:02 PM
Wicked... would want to shake hands with her user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 135 02-02-2003 , 04:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, guys! user added image

Looking forward to it, Kurt!