Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 14-04-2007 , 04:52 AM
Subscriber

Import ai-Data from FREEHAND to MAYA

Hello all!

I need really your help!
A friend asked me if I can animate his company Logo. I will try it, because I learn MAYA since one year and this is a really great chance to show me what I can put into practice!

He gave me his Logo wich is composed with FREEHAND. It is a AI-Data. He said there are all informations included wich I need to realize my project (Bezier curves, color Attributes and so on.)
There is a Grid and in it, there is a arrow. The arrow has a color developing from one color to an other. And the Name of the Company! I bevelt them and thats OK.

The problem is that I don´t see anything from the color or from the developing. Where is it hidden?
I only can see the curves, the Grid and the arrow! In devault grey! It should be colored when I press 6, or not?
Are them hidden Attributes?

Please help me in this Topic, because I never Imported data.

# 2 14-04-2007 , 10:22 PM
Subscriber
Kinda hard to get what your talking about here. Maybe if you could post a screenshot of the logo, and then one of once the data had been imported. There maybe a plug-in available for you to help you import the data correctly.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 15-04-2007 , 06:24 AM
Subscriber
I can´t show you the real Logo! But I made a Logo for you to show what I mean.

Its in color and the arrow has a color developing wich i didn´t made on my Example!

My Problem is that the File wich I got, not includes the color informations or something else!
When I open the ai-file ( Illustrator) I see the curves from the Text and from The arrow and the Grid wich is between the arrow! I heard that The Grid is for the Developing of the color.

My question is: Are the Attributes probably hidden. Or they probably not able to be imported to MAYA?

When I open a ILLUSTRATOR file in MAYA, wich informations be imported?

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 15-04-2007 , 06:41 AM
Subscriber
Here is the kind of looking of the ILLUSTRATOR file.
That is all, when I import the file.
But I need the color informations and so on! Where they are?
Please help me!

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 15-04-2007 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber
Ok.
Pretty sure that its only going to import your curves from ai-data.
Simple enough to recreate the colour again. Just use a ramp shader in your arrow to get the blending colours.

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 6 17-04-2007 , 06:42 PM
Subscriber
Thank you Antiant! Now I now a way. I opened the file in illustrator and got the details for the color attributes.
The Ramp shader is pretty simple! Thanks!