Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-07-2009 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber

my newest tool and nowhere to put it

$NZ639 later i got me a new wacom intuos 4!
user added image
yeah, picture was taken at night, so i had to use the flash... i did plan to take the picture during the day... but that didn't quite happen..

so far... i love this! when i went to get it 2 weeks ago the place didn't have any in stock, and nor did their suppliers..
i didn't know how big medium and large were, and i don't know how big 6"x9" are (i dont remember the dimensions of the large one, it's also measured in inches) but i thought medium would be good enough..
i only understand inches when it comes to monitors...

anywho, when i went to pick it up they had a whole load of medium and large intuos4s (no small or extra large...), and man... the large was definately large! i totally want to see how big the extra large ones are!
i was kinda thinking maybe i should ask if i can take the large one instead of the medium, but didn't do it in the end... dunno why... only would have cost me $NZ808

anywho, got home and took my sweet time opening the box, savouring this moment of victory *drool*

i open it up and the pen and tablet are on the first layer of packaging, underneath are the disks an extra grip (O_o who knows how to change the grip around...? user added image ) and then i was looking for the extra nibs that were stated to come with it... couldn't find them... figured they must be hiding somewhere
and sure enough they're in the funky little pen holder

yeah! it's so cool. came with photoshop elements 7, corel painter sketch pad, and autodesk sketchbook express 2009

yay! tried each one out for a few minutes, sketchbook express doesn't show you where your cursor is when its on the canvas, so i left it because it didn't make sense... seemed like it was built for interactive displays

back to zbrush....
first experiment and first human...

user added image

yeah he looks pretty bad.....
those legs look really really out of proportion and there's something wrong with the arms...
I don't know how to correct it after it's been done or if you can... or if i have to go back down to low sub divisions to fix the legs
and i dont know how to make the arms longer (although the mesh was based on a skeleton and it matched it perfectly...)

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 19-07-2009 , 09:51 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Congrats man!

You can makes the arms longer using the transpose tool, and yeah, you can totally re-invent the legs at that sub-level... but it might be faster to go down a few levels first.
user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 19-07-2009 , 12:48 PM
yes...you dont sound not non double negative
kudos man. i stopped using my mouse completetly, unless im rigging or scripting i use mouse to navigate buts my pen for all things else. i got a small bamboo, with 512lvl of pressure, its still pretty awsome. wish i had an intuos4 tho, lucky :p

level 3 luchador!

image dump
# 4 19-07-2009 , 05:26 PM
oooowwwwoooowww...

how come this thing is so HOT!!!

# 5 19-07-2009 , 09:47 PM
Subscriber
thanks for the tips steve! and thanks for the references

haha, septopus, i wonder if i'll get to the same situation :p
either the drivers from my old tablet have affected this one or this just happens when you install a tablet with vista, but it's got handwriting recognition and it will come up with a little icon when you give focus to a text field letting you input text by writing user added image it's still faster to type though :p
but the hand writing recognition is really good

iamcreasy, it's so hot because it's just pure awesome! user added image

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 6 20-07-2009 , 12:26 PM
Super Moderator
/reaches through screen grabs tablet and runs away cackling

Grats on the purchase, just don't drop that pen too much. Even though I did get an Intuos my old graphire still works perfectly except the pen tip (eraser works fine) appearently there's a piece under the copper wiring that can shatter all to shit if dropped.

- Genny
# 7 21-07-2009 , 08:52 AM
Subscriber
/shoot you with a tranquilizer
:p

thanks for the tip on the pen (O_o no pun intended), i'll try not to drop it. it comes with a pen holder *realises its not in the holder and quickly puts it in there* so that should help... i hope

those graphire tablets sound like they last for quite some time, i'm guessing the same is true for bamboo and intuos

i'm thinking i will make a video to show how awesome this is too

user added image

# 8 21-07-2009 , 12:57 PM
Nice Chirone!

lucky b*****d! haha.

Might save up and get one, but I'm saving up for something stupid thats going to cost me a fortune!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 9 21-07-2009 , 01:12 PM
The Nurb Herd

Originally posted by gster123

Might save up and get one, but I'm saving up for something stupid thats going to cost me a fortune!

Neverland Ranch? :p

# 10 21-07-2009 , 03:00 PM
Subscriber
lol

Im Back and now 13 (:

Autume Challenge Nov 09
# 11 21-07-2009 , 07:24 PM

Originally posted by hammer.horror
Neverland Ranch? :p

hahahahaha!!

I nearly launched a mouthfull of wine on my laptop with that!

Nah a VW type 2 camper van.

# 12 21-07-2009 , 07:37 PM
You are saving money for this
user added image

WOWWW! Come on` buy a JAGUAR XKR !:p

# 13 22-07-2009 , 08:44 AM
Yup one of them.

Nah not a sports car type of person, grew out of that, though I may be tempted to put a porsche engine in it!