Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 01-06-2004 , 11:18 PM
Subscriber

tell me what you think : )

This is the second head that ive modeled, i stayed away from a human head because i wanted to get some nice boney features going on.... let me know what you guys think

user added image

user added image

user added image

thanks in advance for the input : )

# 2 01-06-2004 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
sorry that the pictures are so big, but im at work and cant fix it right now : (

# 3 01-06-2004 , 11:22 PM
well, I assume that is an orc.

The teeth are looking good, may be some metal ones or missing ones will help.

Ears look kinda elvish, make them more human/orcish.
Overall head is good, may be it needs wrinkles or a scar. May be some piercing in the eyebrow or something like that.
Texture is fine, but it needs some grayness in it. Too green.

I am in 10th grade, sophomore in high school, but if you don't take me serious, I'll make you.
# 4 01-06-2004 , 11:38 PM
Subscriber
i wanted the ears to be longer, its kind of my take on the whole ogre thing i suppose, actually none of these renderings have the specular map applied, it looks a little better when thats on there, he also has a bunch of earings...the texture is a mix of greens and im pretty happy with the overall color of it, pretty much what i saw in my mind

wrinkles are a must and i plan to add some heavier creasing on the neck and around the eyes, thanks for the suggestions : )

Last edited by Rubberkidney; 01-06-2004 at 11:46 PM.
# 5 02-06-2004 , 01:35 AM
Great stuff user added image

I like the ears they set the head apart from the generic orc. I also like the teeth. Once they are textured with some yellow plaque and maybe some blood the will look sweet as a nut (wich I'm I sure you are on top of).

Is the bump map on the face a procedural texture?

# 6 02-06-2004 , 01:58 AM
Subscriber
BAMMM!!!

user added image

this is my initial texturing..i tried to do some cracks in the teeth but it looks pretty cheesy so that will be taken off : )

# 7 02-06-2004 , 01:59 AM
Subscriber
actually the bump map is something cooked up in photoshop : )

# 8 02-06-2004 , 05:29 AM
Subscriber
ok, i put the spec, map on there and added some earings...still working on the gold material..would like it to be goldish and slightly reflective of the ogre...if anyone has any ideas let me know...right now im thinking ill add a env. chrome and just use a render of the view of the earing as the image map...any ideas let me know

and while im asking for ideas on how to do stuff..i wouldnt mind him having a little fur facial hair, but i need to build a nurbs cap for facial regions i want the hair to be, and i need a good way of modeling it close but without worrying about it intersecting through the face.....awesome : )

user added image

# 9 02-06-2004 , 05:38 AM
I like this. It has this old Artisan look - very organic, tho I agree that he definately needs some wrinkels..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 10 02-06-2004 , 07:08 AM
Subscriber
wow this is pretty scary......love it tho user added image

# 11 02-06-2004 , 07:40 AM
Subscriber
Nice, I like it and the teeth are... welll... ewwwww

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 12 08-06-2004 , 06:38 PM
Subscriber
ok, i started from scratch on the uv map, i think it looks a lot better than it did, certainly got rid of a lot of the texture stretching...tell me what you guys think though...any good?

user added image

# 13 09-06-2004 , 03:52 AM
Scary looking character! Good job! Looks great!! user added image

-------------------------------------------