Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 30-09-2005 , 05:10 PM
Subscriber

Spring Cam problems

Hi,

Ok I'm trying to go through and create a spring cam but I'm having an odd problem and not sure why. I want to make sure I can create this technique before trying to do it on 2 node cameras and other effects..so for now I'm trying to make a 1 node spring cam

here's what I have done so far.

Create 1 particle wth particle tool,
Create a poly cube, and scale it up a bit,
select particle, shift select cube and attach soft bodied springs
Create locator
select the shape node of the particle, connect the world centroid
to the transform of the locator in the connection editor.
Create a single node camera,
create a point constraint between the camera and the locator..

Now I made a couple test keys..the cube and springs all worked great however the locator mimics the movements of the particle, but doesn't stay connected to it...rather it seems to get thrown away from the particle while still mimic'ng it's movements..

What's wrong? I don't understand why the locator will not stay connected to the particle.

Troy

Think Twice Split Poly Once
# 2 17-10-2005 , 06:32 PM
Subscriber
I've figured out the problem in case anyone is wondering..

For some reason it didn't like me connecting the locator to the soft body with world centroid..

rather I used center...and translate as the connections nodes and the spring works great..

I've now applied this is to a 2 node camera and have a great ride cam/dynamic hand held effect without any MEL scripting.
It behaves wonderfully..

Troy

Think Twice Split Poly Once