Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 31-01-2007 , 10:10 AM

Printing in 3D

hello everyone. I am looking to print off my maya model using a rapid prototyping technology company on the internet. I don't have a clue how to go about it. I am ideally looking to go for some king ofsemi transparent, hard smooth material. I think I need to convert my file to an STL file. Is this right? If so, how do I do this? Anyone got any advice on cheap companys I could use? Any advice much appreciated user added image

# 2 11-02-2007 , 09:28 PM
Subscriber
couple summers ago I went to a university camp where we had to design a mini car model using autodesk inventor and we had a machine that made the 3d object in plastic in the end. was really cool but that was inventor so not sure about maya.
Oh and was super expensive too. my instructor told me it cost that machine about 100$/hour just to operate.

# 3 18-02-2007 , 10:58 AM
Yes, you do need to convert the file type. I don't know yet how to do it, but I do know that I'll be learning in a week or two... I'll get back to you on it!

Sparticus

Expect to excell...