Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-05-2005 , 03:22 PM

hi dude matt

it's a good thing ur still a kid, coz i'm a kid too. i'm 18 yrs old dude. to tell you honestly, i wish i could have learned maya when i was still at ur age. You know what, you still have a long way to go and when you got there, you're probably very good that big companies fight over you. man you're still young and you have a lot of time for improvement, so much time that i wish i have that too. anyways, good luck to you also and more power too! hey, just want to ask a question, you don't have to answer it if you don't want to, why is that ur maya has text on it?

# 17 24-05-2005 , 03:39 PM
A nice model for a first attempt, and at least it's not a car/space fighter/jet fighter etc etc. It's way too heavy mesh wise (even without the mesh smooth I think it would still weigh in pretty heavy). The tuextring and lighting are obviously basic (but not what you were focussing on I'm sure user added image )

it is a nice first model but enough with the big "back-patting" session.... :p you guys are making me sick :shakehead: :rant:

his maya has text on it cause it's watermarked as it's the PLE edition.

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 18 24-05-2005 , 03:45 PM
Hehe...

back :headbang: pat :headbang: compliments :headbang: ach :headbang:!

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Cheers,
,Matt :alien

# 19 24-05-2005 , 03:47 PM
yeah, already been noted sir Pure_morning, and thanks, and about the last pharagraph you just said with the "back patting session", can't uderstand it though cause i'm not an american, don't know ur street words. thanks

# 20 24-05-2005 , 03:57 PM
Back patting session means thatwhen you compliment eachother constantly and you are always like, "good job", "you will do great", "that is awesome", "great work"... and on and on. That is what he means. By the way, where are you from?

# 21 24-05-2005 , 04:00 PM

ahhh, sorry don't know the meaning

i'm from the philippines, specifically in naga city. Ahh, so that's what the words meant. i see, thanks for explaining. how about u, where are you from?

# 22 24-05-2005 , 04:09 PM
can I just state for the record that I'm not american :attn:

And what MatttheMan said is true that it's gratuitous, at times sycophantic, telling people what they want to hear not what they need to be told user added image People don't tend to crit other people's work because they tend to feel that they will get shouted at by others for being "Harsh". The way i see it is if you don't get told it looks bad you wont ever learn and as I said to someone the other day on this board the industry is brutal and if you want to make it you have to be able to take the good with the bad... so I get a little tired of everyone saying "well done" great job" etc. I'd just like to see more people being honest without worrying about what others will think of their crits... ok rant over :rant:

so "great job well done" user added image

user added image

Alan

IMDB
# 23 24-05-2005 , 04:16 PM
i see, sorry sir pure morning, i do that sir! i' am aware that the industry is harsh and i'll be ready for that (2 years from now, huhuhu) thanks for the insight!

# 24 24-05-2005 , 04:28 PM
Mmmm. Ok, but I was serious about the mmodel being great and all, I wasnt lying. I try to tell people the truth but I dont want to be to harsh, like you said. Honestly: I really like the model. Oh, and im not FROM the USA, but I live there. Im FROM Romania and moved here when I was little. Anyways, there. And to the industry business and all that... :rant:!

:lmao:

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

---edit---
Why do you call everyone sir?

# 25 24-05-2005 , 05:04 PM
guys I'm not having a go at you!! if you thought the model was great and it inspires you to move forwards and improve your skills then that's great! All i'm saying is try and offer areas to improve on as well. every odel can be improved... user added image

well done again.

Alan

IMDB
# 26 24-05-2005 , 05:10 PM
i have no particular reason why i call everone sir, it just that its been a part of my habit to call someone "sir" especially if i don;t know them. for a typical filipino like me and as a student as well, probably calling sir is an indication of my respect towards the person i'm speaking to.

# 27 24-05-2005 , 06:43 PM
Ooooooooooh, cool!
Yeah, well down here in the south of the US, in Alabama, if you don't call someone older then you or teacher a sir or ma'am, then your in deep crap. Ah well, i gues at your place its that to the extreme, to be respectous. Well, I just didnt want you to call me a sir :headbang: cuz it makes me feel like im mature and serious and old. Im not :rant:!
:shakehead:

Cheers,
,Matt user added image