Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 08-03-2006 , 03:54 AM
Well I made some modifications and saved it at a lower compression rate. Here it is.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by JDigital; 08-03-2006 at 07:24 PM.
# 32 08-03-2006 , 08:14 AM
Subscriber
looks mint! perfect in my opinion user added image
im half way through this tut myself cant wait to get these results.

# 33 08-03-2006 , 04:13 PM
Great! I didn't use the tutorial, but I bet it is a good one. On the tutorial I don't think they tell you how to get the paint look like this, but when you get to that point I will let you know how I got the effects, and the logos on the back etc.. if you want.

Just let me know.

# 34 08-03-2006 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
cheers yeah would b cool thanks ill let u know user added image

<a href="https://www.angelfire.com/blog/simon_hitchins/3d_models"> My Website </a>
# 35 08-03-2006 , 07:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by JDigital
Thats the best way to learn, just dive in with a good tutorial and don't get discouraged.

I thought you said you didn't use a tutorial, meh. Nice model dude!

# 36 08-03-2006 , 07:12 PM
I didn't use the ferrari tutorial on Simply Maya. That is the tutorial he was talking about.

I was giving advice that a good way to learn is to get a good tutorial and not get discouraged. I am constantly trying to learn new things and most of the time it is through good tutorials that extra nice people put out to help other people. I recommend them to learn, it helps a ton.

Thanks for the compliment!

Last edited by JDigital; 08-03-2006 at 07:23 PM.
# 37 11-03-2006 , 05:50 PM
Subscriber
no crits from me...Its almost a masterpiece:bow:

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 38 12-03-2006 , 06:15 PM
Subscriber
dude it looks great
if its the car im thinking of shouldnt it have a grill/grid on the front vents?

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 39 14-03-2006 , 09:27 PM
Yeah the grill is black and you can hardly see it in the pictures so I just didnt put it in. I may add it later.

# 40 14-03-2006 , 11:18 PM
Banned
Nice work, you should try making the grill chrome and adding it back in, might look beter

# 41 14-03-2006 , 11:40 PM
Subscriber
only thing i don't really think looks right is the rims since they are chrome but ferrari never made chrome rims for the modena.

and the headlight lens doesn't have a glassy look to it, it looks too dull and fake looking.

the headlights are wrong, the bulbs aren't aligned correctly, and the reflector on the corner of the front bumper is missing.

the front vents are WAY too deep, and as mentioned lacking a grill.

its missing the black weather stripping/lining around all the windows, missing the windshield wipers, and the pillar where it meets the side view mirror is wrong, the mirror base is black and the pillar is seperate and has a seperation near the bottom.

but this is a finished work post and not a wip, so these crits can be taken or cannot.

First year 3D Grad

Last edited by Turbo Dan; 14-03-2006 at 11:53 PM.
# 42 15-03-2006 , 02:29 PM
Cool, thanks for your comments.

I like the chrome better user added image

As for the other commments there are some things I didnt notice, so thanks for mentioning them, I may have to make some modifications.

Thanks!

# 43 18-03-2006 , 07:43 AM
Hi JDigital. Just one suggestion. Try to work on the render technique a little. Everyone who starts modeling vehicles always seems to render by simply slapping a cheap downloaded HDRI onto an IBL node, and hitting the render key (I've been guilty of that before). It just makes the model look fake, kinda like a toy car, because you have an HDRI reflection in a studio style background render. Try throwing out the HDRI completely and use some mental ray area lights with soft raytraced shadows, and I think you'll be happy with the result.

Here's a sample render done in this manner. This is NOT my work, but I wanted to give you an idea of the look I'm talking about. Cars should always look sexy rather than simply relecting an image.

Attached Thumbnails
# 44 18-03-2006 , 08:13 PM
Hey Dilberts I really appreciate the tip. I will go ahead and do that. I am VERY new at rendering, so that is good advice. I am still trying to learn what all the options do.

I will try it out and post some results of what I come up with. Thanks again.

# 45 27-03-2006 , 09:50 PM
Subscriber
Gosh i soooo wish i had a sexy car like that. user added image

where did ya get this image dilberts??

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!