Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 28-08-2003 , 07:39 PM

Coloring Particles?

Anyone can give me a hand? I wanna know how to make a single emitter that randomly emits red and green particles.

I know I can cheat by creating 2 emitters, let one emits red particles and the other one emits green particles. but that sounds very stupid...

# 2 28-08-2003 , 08:44 PM

Learn the Rules|Then|
Burn the Rules Book
# 3 28-08-2003 , 09:01 PM
Good reply!

Also, do a search in the docs for "rgbPP", as that will help you achive "Per-Particle" coloringuser added image

Have fun!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 30-08-2003 , 10:07 PM
Thanks for the reply. But I guess I'm too newbie to understand expression script user added image. Anyway, I found another way to cheat and the following is what I did:

create a emitter 1st > Color > Add Per Particle Attribute > rgbPP > Create Ramp > assign birthTime in Input V > Edit Ramp, delete the blue color from the default ramp and set the Interpolation to None. Finally add some Noise and Noise Freq to the Ramp for randomness.
:bgreen:

# 5 31-08-2003 , 02:24 AM
Cool!

Can't wait to see your results!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com