Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 07-01-2011 , 03:34 PM
Big THX mate, I'd never have figured that out myself!!! user added image It was very important for me to know how this works, cause I'm not a fan of automatical unwrapping at all. I admit auto mapping has become very good lately, but no matter what 3D app, they just don't know wether I'm unwrapping just an apple or a human head. In most tutorials I watched, even professional ones the authors were using auto unwrap for heads and then fighting down the stretching piece by piece, which took them endlessly. I prefer making the seams myself and get a clean unwrap immediately.

TDW user added image

# 32 07-01-2011 , 03:58 PM
Lifetime Member
no worries mate...glad to help

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 33 06-02-2011 , 01:57 PM
Got some stupid questions for you guys once again:

1. Let's assume you have one solid mesh, but it consists of many single objects. How would I seperate such a single object from the whole in edit mode?

2. The bright colors of the wireframe are really annoying, especially when working on a dense highploy mesh. I found out how to change the wireframe's color yet, but is there a way to just decrease the intensity of the current color?

Solved!!!

Thx, TDW!!! user added image

Last edited by TDW; 06-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.
# 34 07-02-2011 , 12:16 AM
Lifetime Member
You solved them? LOL

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes