Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 23-04-2003 , 05:09 PM
Subscriber

stunning animated short

I watched this short last night and I have to say ive never seen anything so emotionally engaging...and its a student's work!!!

It is so inspirational and I think it is something everyone needs to watch. It has recieved so many accolades over on CGTalk - even the seasoned pro's are astounded by it. It was done by a student of the Ringling school...amazing work...If it had been finished in time im sure it could've won an oscar user added image

U can download/watch it here:

click here

Its when u see things like this that u get that urge to sit at ur computer 24/7 lol

# 2 23-04-2003 , 08:28 PM
SM Alumni
:wow:

What a piece of work. Stunninguser added image

gimme everything u got
# 3 23-04-2003 , 10:30 PM
I agree.
Trully inspirational.
Must see.

# 4 23-04-2003 , 10:44 PM
Well, I dont find it that great. I saw it over at cgtalk.com

If you guys want inspirational, go check out Nodebased. THAT MOVIE IS MY GOD. lol.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 5 23-04-2003 , 10:53 PM
Do you have the link bud?

What I found trully great about this piece was the fact that it shows good art, and photography knowledge, look at the way he played with colors and you´ll get what I mean. I also liked the way he handled post-processing. Awesome.

# 6 23-04-2003 , 11:03 PM
Simply Maya OG
Wow.....Amazing. I especially like the desert scene, the colors are just, so......nice.

- Hybrid
# 7 25-04-2003 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Im suprised u didnt like it Ultragames but I guess thats ur perogative.

To me its not just the story, or the modelling or the animation thats amazing but also as adldesigner mentioned, the post production. Did u lot notice how he used the black border lines to great effect? Hybrid the colours are great arent they. I think they are down to colour grading in Shake. The lighting and textures make it so atmospheric. The girl's voice is spot on...maybe the father's is lacking but overall its a magical piece of imagination and creativity.

Last edited by alexgc; 25-04-2003 at 02:12 PM.
# 8 25-04-2003 , 02:17 PM

Originally posted by alexgc
Did u lot notice how he used the black border lines to great effect?

Amazing.user added image