Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 15-01-2008 , 02:42 PM

Newbie Question - Energy beam

Hi, im new to Maya and its effects, im interested in making a energy beam/ball and learn how to animate it in a movie that im making... I was wondering if there was any tutorials that were created or a direction that i can be pointed in user added image Thanks for reading - Reizion -

# 2 16-01-2008 , 04:50 AM
Subscriber
energy beam like this?

Attached Images
# 3 16-01-2008 , 01:13 PM

Re: Newbie Question - Energy beam

Originally posted by Reizion
Hi, im new to Maya and its effects...I was wondering if there was any tutorials that were created or a direction that i can be pointed in user added image

Hey there Reizion.

Did you have a specific effect or look in mind?
Or maybe anything more to add to your description so we may be able to better help you?

I would hate to just guess and turn you down the wrong pathuser added image

We could do things very easily and simply key a PaintFX stroke, or go full-on with a more difficult actual dynamics situation.

Take your time and let us knowuser added image

Welcome aboard!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 4 16-01-2008 , 01:23 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
BTW im also interseted in this
im not sure about the best way but if you just sort of want a laser shot like in star wars just animate a cylinder and assign a glowing meterail to it

# 5 17-01-2008 , 04:02 AM
Hi, thanks for the welcome, i was hoping to do a DragonballZ style effect beam like the kamehameha wave attack and able to animate it as well, thanks for all the replies user added image - Reizion -

# 6 17-01-2008 , 08:50 AM
hehe... sorry.
Im cool, but apparently my age is showing, as I do not know what you mean by that.
I gotta watch more Z, hehe....

Do you have maybe a link to a clip of the effect in action? Yutube, etc, whatever.
..or even a still image or two so I/we can use that as a reference?

I ask because it sounds like you have a specific look in mind, and I would hate to tell you do use a technique that may not help you in the enduser added image

Sweetuser added image Thanks!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 17-01-2008 , 09:08 AM
Thanks for the help, i found a suitable look for my energy wave on Youtube user added image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRdqHKRYk1E

The beam effect i want is at 2mins20seonds part with the blue energy wave, thanks again.

- Reizion -