Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-08-2003 , 12:45 AM

free cloth tutorial question

I'm curious about the free cloth tutorial, I've just started learning Maya, and was wondering how you do that tutorial, as I don't have the cloth menu item that is shown in the tutorial video.
maybe i'm just missing something, but was hoping to find out the deal on that cuz I'd like to try that cloth stuff out user added image
user added image
-jerome

# 2 10-08-2003 , 12:57 AM
Sounds like you have to click on the cloth plugin in the plugin manager.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 10-08-2003 , 07:19 AM
user title spammer
sound rather like he hasnĀ“t got unlimited ...

# 4 10-08-2003 , 09:48 PM
I have Unlimited and didn't get the cloth menu set untill i checked it in the plugin manager.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 11-08-2003 , 04:36 AM
oh rats, i don't have unlimited...
out of curiosity, is it possible to get a model like that bed, the final product when the cloth is settled, from a machine with maya unlimited to one without?
heh... user added image

# 6 11-08-2003 , 09:56 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by imeepmeep
oh rats, i don't have unlimited...
out of curiosity, is it possible to get a model like that bed, the final product when the cloth is settled, from a machine with maya unlimited to one without?
heh... user added image

yes - there is a plugin at highend3d that lets you bake cloth so it works with complete - animation and all is exported as well, but you cannot change it after converting.

if you want static cloth, you can work it out in unlimited, and simply duplicate the cloth. the duplicated object will just turn into a polygon object. then delete all the cloth stuff and open file in complete (or ple). you dont have to delete the cloth stuff, maya will simply complain about that (i think) and it wont work of course as cloth in complete/ple.

# 7 11-08-2003 , 10:32 PM
ah, groovy, thanks a bunch