Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 27-06-2003 , 06:11 AM
I have also made a Lego jeep and a lego mini, that i posted, in there i describe how I make my parts, some of the more difficult so I draw them out to scale in 2d (like cad, but in corell) and then model them in maya. i uploaded an example of that on one of those two threads. but I don't know witch one. how do I get them to line up? Mostly by eye, if I snap it looks like all one piece, when you render, so I have to make sure i leave a little space between each piece so they still look like seperate pieces. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 17 27-06-2003 , 06:42 AM
yeah i saw your other 2 models. they both looks amazing.

Hey, were do i make recomendations of what you should make? user added image, ive been a lego fan for years.. actually i think i can officially say a decade + (which is rare cause im only 18).

Im gunna go check out those threads but i dont think ill bump them back upuser added image

# 18 27-06-2003 , 06:54 AM
hello. Um do u use corell? (sorry I forgot how to spell it and I am to tirred to look) I can upload the file if you'd like.

"Hey, were do i make recomendations of what you should make? "
Right here user added image

Hmmm... I was aiming to get this done in twodays. I think I will make it, there will be some small changes from the original. Thanks!
Brian
More updates on the way

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 27-06-2003 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber
for the people without corel you can also use illustrator save it as an ai file if you have Maya 5 or eps for 4.5 and lower. you can than extrude the curves.

# 20 27-06-2003 , 04:12 PM
I didn't know that Roach! here is an udate, sorry about the crappy render, the wheel are just place holders until I have time to finnish the real ones that I am going to use. Luckly it renders fast, so I think I will make this my first Lego Camera track animation.

Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 21 27-06-2003 , 04:40 PM
1. looks very realistic
2. details are amazing
3. what about a wire?

user added image

# 22 27-06-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
what I have done is get refrence block create the curves in Illustrator and bring them into maya. I find it easier than creating the actual thing in Maya.