Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-02-2004 , 11:34 PM
Subscriber

I imported my nose into another scene, but lost the lambert material?

Ok, I imported a perfect nose to another scene and look what happened? First of all, what happened to the lambert? Plus, parts of the reference jpegs are on it while the rest of the lambert material became invisible? I can't believed this. I have imported from scene to scene before, this is so totally bizarre.

Help!!!

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-02-2004 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
Go into your original model and change the name of the material. That usualy happens because there are two materials that have the same name and it gets confused.

Hope this helps, Chris user added image

An idea is delicate.
It can be killed by a sneer or yawn,
It can be stabbed to death by a joke
Or worried to death by a frown
On the right persons brow.
-Charles Browers
# 3 04-02-2004 , 02:35 AM
Subscriber
I went to the orginal and deleted all the reference pics and rename it...didn't help. What is wrong?

# 4 04-02-2004 , 03:13 AM
The Maya Mountain
It's using the same material as your image plane apparantly. You'll need to apply your other material or make a new one.

One rule of thumb: don't mess with Lambert1. Make a new one, as all object's use Lambert1 by default. Messing around with Lambert1 in multiple files and then importing can cause confusion like this.

# 5 05-02-2004 , 04:03 AM
Subscriber
Hey it works! Thanks.