Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 26-09-2004 , 04:24 AM

Rendering Polygonal Models

I do low polygon models for games. I want to render them flatshaded (so that they are not automatically smoothed), but I'm not quite sure how to do it. For an example of the effect I want to achieve, see https://members.lycos.co.uk/rabbiteh/pictars/sp1/saru_render4.jpg picture. That was done in Milkshape 3d I believe, but it's the effect I'm going for, where you can see the individual faces very well. I played around with vector render for literally 5 minutes but all I got was a gray box. I think I messed up a setting or two user added image

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-Bilbo Baggins
# 2 26-09-2004 , 07:58 AM
that just has a basic texture applied to the model....something like a lambert with nothing changed, and then rendered with GI or Final Gather or some similar setup.

# 3 27-09-2004 , 02:44 AM
I think you mean the normals. Goto edit polygons>Normals> SoftenHarden, Highlight all your edges and hit all hard, then hit apply. That shoudl be what your looking for.

# 4 27-09-2004 , 03:08 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yep, adjust the soften/harden edges like you want. Should work for you.