Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-05-2007 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber

False ceiling

How can I create a realistic false ceiling?

# 2 06-05-2007 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber
do you mean a glass ceiling? if so go to window-> Rendering Editors-> Hyper shade... Create a phong material. ctrl-a to get attribute editor. click and drage the transparency slider to white, then reflectivity to what ever looks good. and then assign it to the material. i got this from learning maya 7 foundations. i hope this is what you mean.

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 3 06-05-2007 , 03:14 PM
Subscriber
No. False ceiling, in uk, is like a ceiling tile. It can be found in most offices etc.

# 4 06-05-2007 , 07:54 PM
Subscriber
oooo so you mean just those white square things? that have holes in them?

Do what you like, like what you do.
# 5 06-05-2007 , 08:37 PM
Subscriber
IF you mean the false square things with holes in them, make a texture of approperate size, creamish colored, not a soid color, have light variations in it, paint in some black sopts of random size and shape, maybe add a bit of noise into it with photoshop to simulate the smaller dots...save....convert to greyscale, save a differnt name, apply colored variant to color mode of shader, apply greyscale to bump channel, adjust bump settings accordingly, Done;;

If you mean real tiles...same process, without the holes ...thouhg i would still get a solid white texture, apply a noise filter to it, and map that to the bump channel, as i've never seen perfectly smooth celing tiles, though, i live in the US, so maybe in the UK they have somethign different?.. either way, my two cents.. hope it helps..

By the by, for the first option i mentioned, i'd use a lambert, teak spec and reflectivness just a tad... for the econd, atleast the tiles i'm thinking of, a phong,
G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!