Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 14-03-2015 , 07:55 AM

extrude tool problem in maya 2011

hey guys,
I have problem with extrude tool, when I try to give thickness to my model and try to use blue arrow (z axis) and extrude it out selected faces, extrusion is happening in 2 sides I mean (extrude in & extrude out).user added imagemy model starts to be thickened from in and out. please see attached photo. I don't want extrude to act inside of the helm. what should I do? I use some YouTube videos to learn Maya. I do exactly what the guy does in video but mine doesn't work the same way. second attached photo is YouTube tutorial. I always have this problem with extrude. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 14-03-2015 , 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Chances are you've extruded already and didn't realize/undo it so now you have duplicate faces sitting in the same space. This double sided extrusion now is the result. Select the object and go to Mesh>cleanup. Make sure the operation is set to "clean up matching polygons" and in the remove geometry section, check "lamina faces" and "faces with zero geometry" (the default tolerances should be fine) and apply. That should eliminate the duplicate faces and the tiny faces connecting the inner and outer shells respectively.

- Genny
# 3 14-03-2015 , 08:25 PM

Chances are you've extruded already and didn't realize/undo it so now you have duplicate faces sitting in the same space. This double sided extrusion now is the result. Select the object and go to Mesh>cleanup. Make sure the operation is set to "clean up matching polygons" and in the remove geometry section, check "lamina faces" and "faces with zero geometry" (the default tolerances should be fine) and apply. That should eliminate the duplicate faces and the tiny faces connecting the inner and outer shells respectively.

I really appreciate your help. I tried it and it works. user added imageI'm really thankful.

# 4 13-04-2015 , 01:11 PM
Banned

Solution!!!

This double sided extrusion now is the result. Select the object and go to Mesh>cleanup. Make sure the operation is set to "clean up matching polygons" and in the remove geometry section, check "lamina faces" and "faces with zero geometry" (the default tolerances should be fine) and apply.
Mobile Number Tracker
Tracking services includes mobile number tracking, vehicle number registration tracking, land line number tracking, trace BULK SMS sender and search services like search STD Codes, search ISD Codes. Other services we provide are love calculator, finding luck with your mobile number and page rank (PR) of the website. This is the best website for cell phone tracking(https://mobilenumbertrackr.com)

All our services shows results on Google map, which helps you easily trace and see the location of the person. This is a very popular site amongst the people of India and Indian police or cops. The Mobile no tracking software traces exact location of the cell phone number owner with its operator (service provider).