Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 26-08-2007 , 05:41 PM

Endsweep & curve projection issue

Hello!

I'm making a steampunk machine, and I want to make a curved flange to go around the base of any funnels or pipes which protrude from the body of the machine. I hoped to project curves onto the body, and then loft them from there.

I have lofted the body together from several nurbs circles and deleted the history, but I have found that I cannot project curves onto the body where the seam is, because the projected curve is cut in half!

I wanted to know how I could move the seam to the bottom of the body.

ps. The body is asymmetrical so I can't just rotate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

# 2 27-08-2007 , 02:09 PM

SOLUTION!

I've solved my own problem!

I keep a rubbish bin of groups and objects I've finished with but which may be useful later.

I still had the Nurbs circles I lofted to make the body in the bin!

I selected each Nurbs Circle one by one, and rotated them on their local axis by 180 degrees. I then relofted and voila! I had the seam on the bottom.

I'd still like to know how to fix this, as it will likely be a problem in future, and I may be unable to just pull the circles out of the bin.

# 3 27-08-2007 , 02:42 PM
The Maya Mountain
select the isoparm you want and go to Edit NURBS> Move Seam

# 4 27-08-2007 , 04:07 PM

:O

Huh....oh....yeah....damn.

Only joking. Thank you very much. Awesome!