Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 31-12-2007 , 02:57 PM

Starting new tut need some input..

Hey guys...getting ready to start a new tut to begin the new year with a bang and would like members to help be a part of the project with input on what they want to see..

What I'm aiming for is a project to combine character modeling, texturing and hard surface modeling. I will be changing styles for this project as well to get away from my cartoony look and going for a more gritty realistic style.

So far I have these ideas running through my head:

Space alien- something like in StarCraft or Starwars ...cool suits and big guns

Cowboy/CowGirl - Lots of layers of clothing as well as guns

Combination of a machine driven by a character - covers both soft and hard surface modeling as well as making sure both fit right and work well together..

so give me some feed back on these ideas...

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 2 31-12-2007 , 03:47 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
of those two i would definatly say alien
we have to many humans

but what i would REALLY like to see is a city scape scene

# 3 31-12-2007 , 04:06 PM
Lifetime Member
I would like to see a Preditor tutorial, a good combination of organic and hard surface armour and weaponary modelling.
Failing that anything with a HR Giger influence would be cool.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 4 31-12-2007 , 04:14 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
As far as alien v predeter is concerned i would prefer to see the alien kind of alien, but armoured like a predetor, possibly with weopanry or maybeclaws or something

# 5 31-12-2007 , 05:26 PM

Originally posted by jsprogg
I would like to see a Preditor tutorial, a good combination of organic and hard surface armour and weaponary modelling.
Failing that anything with a HR Giger influence would be cool.

I was thinking of doing a predator!

Hey Kurt, what about a knight on horseback? Be a good mix and should be nice to do???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 6 31-12-2007 , 05:40 PM
Lifetime Member
Maybe we should have a Predator challenge user added image

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 7 31-12-2007 , 07:37 PM
Subscriber
alien would be cool

# 8 31-12-2007 , 07:41 PM
definitely the alien ... I like strange creatures user added image

Well as I said in a previous post somewhere around here wouldn't you like to make a hi res model of a sweet bad ass looking night elf chick ? with armor user added image

sry if this sounds retarded but I'd really like a pro to make a tut for smth like that ... hell you can charge blood for it for all I'd care user added image)

sry if I sounded retarded user added image)

edit: you can even make him amount like gister123 said ... a nice big bad ass angry looking saber tooth ...

haha right after my exams I'll buy wow ... kind of eager to loose my social life actually user added image)

Last edited by DjSneeze; 31-12-2007 at 07:45 PM.
# 9 01-01-2008 , 05:20 AM
Level 32 pachyderm
A knight on horse back isnt a bad idea
but i would prefer an alien

# 10 01-01-2008 , 05:39 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
This may sound dumb, and is probably incorrect.....But would Kurt be committing Copyright infringement, if he were to model the Alien, or Predator, and then Sell it for a profit???

I know that on Turbosquid allot of models had to be removed because companies that had their designs and products Replicated by modelers, and sold for Profit... actually restricted the rights for their products to be Replicated for sale, and profit.

I know it's ok to model this stuff, as long as your not going to be making money from it, Though this could all be false (I'm not sure) but it would be worth looking into it.... Though I've seen allot of tuts on modeling Copyrighted material, such as, spaceship designs from Starwars, and cars.

They all seem to be fine!!! user added image

Though what would be really cool to see (if possible) the Alien Queen modeled, and textured.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 11 01-01-2008 , 10:53 AM
IF i do a alein it wouldn't look like a preditor 100%. I rather have something that has some characteristics of but in the and is my own creation.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 12 01-01-2008 , 01:46 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Yeah dont do it 100% a copy as i just dont like modeiling other peoples stuff (which i geuss is what im doing if im following a tutorial!)
now thinking about it a knight wouldnt be a bad idea
but i think hed have to be well armoured
paladin like

# 13 01-01-2008 , 05:06 PM
how about a knight chick, with big armor wielding a hudge dual handed sword or wielding a sword type weapon and a katana type weapon ... dual wielder, and the sword thing-ies (the places where you put sword in ...) on her back in a nice X position ?

just a thought ... user added image

# 14 02-01-2008 , 06:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by DjSneeze
how about a knight chick, with big armor wielding a hudge dual handed sword or wielding a sword type weapon and a katana type weapon ... dual wielder, and the sword thing-ies (the places where you put sword in ...) on her back in a nice X position ?

just a thought ... user added image

a knight with a katana HAHAHAHAHAHAH, dont think i seen that before :attn:

# 15 02-01-2008 , 06:34 AM

Originally posted by Chirone
a knight with a katana HAHAHAHAHAHAH, dont think i seen that before :attn:

well in my vision the knight is a chick ... wouldn't want her to make a hernia now would we ... that's why I said katana instead of 2 swords .. maybe katanas are a bit less heavy user added image)

or hell ... maybe Kurt can show us how to model a female hernia, never seen one ... allthough I know how one looks at us lads, had it operated one yearg ago user added image))

Joking about Kurt modeling a hernia ... don't get offended or anything user added image

take care and much love,
Vick.