Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 03-02-2003 , 04:19 AM

Lighting problem

I created a cave sceen and i was going for a dramatic lightign in it with it being dark and only lit by flames. However, when i render my sceen no matter how many lights i have or few it always come out the same brightness. I eventually deleted all of the lights and rendered it and it still came out bright. The wierd thing is when i sent the file to a friend he rendred it and it came out pitch black. Anyone know what might be wrong?

# 2 03-02-2003 , 04:25 AM
The Maya Mountain
hmm, that's strange. Make sure you dont have any sort of lighting overrides in affect in preferences or render globals or anything.

# 3 03-02-2003 , 04:27 AM
Subscriber
Choose lighting>Use all lights. If that's not the problem, you might want to check the intensity of your lights. Select a light and choose Window>Attribute Editor to check it. If that's not it, I have no idea.

# 4 03-02-2003 , 03:41 PM
Subscriber
i think if ur making a cave, make sure the lights arent outside of your set user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com