Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 15-01-2010 , 12:19 AM
Subscriber

resolutions for print

hi all.

working on my dragon picture has got me wondering about resolutions for print. i have had a couple of my renders printed out and blown up before, with mixed results. my dino chick picture is approximately 1900 by 2000 pixels. as i said on that thread, im seeing different images pretty much when looking at it on different monitors, but does anyone have experience in the printing world, or of having renders/ artwork blown up. what are good pixel dimensions to work at were i say , to get my work printed up at a3 or a2 size. and also, i have a little knowledge of web design so understand gif , jpeg, and png file formats, but are there any other preferences people have to store the highest quality image. there is a decent print shop near me in essex, last time iwent in there iwas acting all clever like i knew what a tiff was and then the guy said a load of stuff and made me feel very small!