Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 23-06-2006 , 05:17 PM

Rendering Problem - Not smooth gradient

Dear SimplyMaya forum members,

I have (what I think at least) is a problem.
Whenever I render the shadows and 'glows' are not appearing smoothly.
They should be gradient but you can really see the difference, where one colour tint changes to another.

It's rather hard to explain so here are some screenshots to show you;

Screenshot 1 (Made with a tutorial)

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

I don't believe it's a problem with the image rendering, check the last screenshot to see (iff-tga).

That concludes my question, I do hope someone can help me.
Oh, I'm rendering in Mental Ray, might be a bit more helpful to you lads.

Thank you,

- Viper

# 2 23-06-2006 , 08:56 PM
Part of the problem may be antialiasing . . . for a definition of that, go here - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing

I am quite sure Mental Ray has settings you can change to alleviate the jagged edges, both thru the antialiasing settings and the quality of render, but I am not that familiar with Mental Ray yet.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche
# 3 24-06-2006 , 06:24 AM
I know what Anti Aliasing is all about and what it does, but I'm sure that's not the problem.