Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 10-10-2012 , 04:05 PM
Subscriber

Problem in moving an edge

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem since a few days and I'm not able to find the solution.

If I create a cube with a few subdivisions and then I get into edge mode, I select an edge loop double clicking an edge. If I want to move now this edge loop, the cube will be scaled instead of just only move the edge.

I recorded a short video demonstrating this issue: Edge Issue - YouTube

Somebody that knows what is going on there? I have reseted all the tools but without success!

Many thanks in advance for an answer.

# 2 10-10-2012 , 04:14 PM
The thin red line
Have you tried resetting your move tool.................dave

# 3 10-10-2012 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber
Daverave,

have already mentioned in my first post that I was resetting all the tools!

# 4 10-10-2012 , 05:21 PM
The thin red line
Sorry was rushing in and out, it does look like a cruption of some sort have have you closed maya then reopened it................dave

# 5 10-10-2012 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
Double click on your move tool icon and scroll down to Soft Select and make sure it is turned off... maybe that will do the trick, but it doesnt look like you have it turned on :s

# 6 11-10-2012 , 12:49 AM

Double click on your move tool icon and scroll down to Soft Select and make sure it is turned off... maybe that will do the trick, but it doesnt look like you have it turned on :s

To check whether soft selection is switched on, try converting your selection from edged to vertices - move the vertices and see if it is still behaving the same way, if yes, then the culprit is soft selection.....

Alternatively you can also delete your maya preferences and restart the software, it will reset all the settings to "factory settings". You don't really know what helps here !!

# 7 11-10-2012 , 08:53 AM
Subscriber
Hi simplycreative03,

I did your suggestion before I wrote this thread already. It works then, but I'm curios while this happen! Could not be, that I have to loose all my settings and rebuild them again just only while Maya is doing somethings that is not intended to do!

Soft selection is definitively not on!