Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 18-09-2002 , 12:55 PM

Maya Render with Mental Ray

Hello

I´m trying to render an animation with Mental Ray for Maya 4.0. In the Render Globals section I set file output to an AVI file, if I do the render with the default Maya render then I obtain the AVI file but if I make the render with Mental Ray then I get several RLA files that I can open with fcheck!!, how can I get the AVI file with Mental Ray in the same way that with the Maya default renderer??

Thanks

# 2 18-09-2002 , 01:54 PM
SM Alumni
There's a couple of things you can check, do you have Derive From Maya in the Frame Buffer for the Mental Ray render globals? Try going down to the animation section of the globals under mentalrayItemsList, uncheck Derive From Maya, then check the Animation box. Now you can set the frames to render from the pulldown and input boxes. See if that doesn't help out user added image

Darkon

Red bellows of flame have blackened my stones
Convulsing my frame and cracking my bones
Hell's dragons of steel who roar in their chains
Crawl into my caves to suck out my veins.....

-The Mountain P.F.M.