Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 11-09-2011 , 11:08 PM

combining two high poly meshes ?

Hi i need to combine theese two meshes. but i cant figure out how.

i found a program on the internet called kmeshmixer, it seemed good but it just crashed when i loaded the models.

how should i do this ?

https://imageshack.us/f/220/hjlp.jpg/

# 2 11-09-2011 , 11:10 PM
gads those are awfully dense meshes, but have you tried Mesh>Combine?

You will then have to sew up the edges.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 11-09-2011 , 11:14 PM
yeah i know that combine and merge works to put them together as one model but i want it to be so called seamless XD

# 4 12-09-2011 , 12:12 AM
Technical Director
Merging the vertices after the combine will make it into a seamless mesh.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 12-09-2011 , 03:09 AM
that is what I meant by "you will need to sew the edges..." == merge the verts of the two combined meshes.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 6 12-09-2011 , 09:35 AM
thanks ! but that will take a lifetime with these polycounts, im wondering if there is any easier way like meshmixer

# 7 12-09-2011 , 10:29 AM
The Nurb Herd
i don't think it will take that long. I reckon you could have done it in the time it takes you figure out that plugin.

also, why do people still use imageshack? am i the only one that gets pop-ups every time i go to that site?

# 8 12-09-2011 , 01:58 PM
Technical Director

that is what I meant by "you will need to sew the edges..." == merge the verts of the two combined meshes.

I know, I was replying to his "but i want it to be so called seamless" post.

Why is this model so heavy? Usually you smooth AFTER you merge everything together. If you really want to use mesh mixer, it's probably crashing because the model isn't water-tight. It can't have any open holes such as the neck.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.