Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 26-01-2005 , 09:12 PM

Distribute Nurbs

Hey everyone,
I'm a total newbie (hence me posting in here). What I'm trying to do is import a bunch of Adobe Illustrator files (which import as curves) and then I want to space them all evenly apart from one another i.e. have curve 2 be x distance from curve 1, curve 3 be x distance from curve 2, curve 4 be x distance from curve 3, and so on; where x is some number. I was thinking this could be accomplished by using some sort of expression in the attribute spreadsheet? I really do not have a clue. Thanks all!

# 2 26-01-2005 , 09:18 PM
Subscriber
Just use the number pad to type the values in the translate X,Y or Z boxs in the channel editor on the right.

# 3 26-01-2005 , 10:01 PM
Is there a way to do it automatically though? I have 200 curves that need to be spaced apart by a number thats not fun to type in (e.g. .4196). So going through and typing 200 multiples of that number would not be fun. I was trying to use the "=curve1.translateZ" but it did not seem to like that very much. I wish the spreadsheet behaved more like excel....

# 4 27-01-2005 , 06:56 AM
Subscriber
Try rebuilding the curves. Select the curve(s), then select Edit Curves-->Rebuild Curves-->option box. From the Rebuild Curves Option dialog select Unifom, 0to#Spans, then specify the number of spans. I all the curves will have the same number of spans than you can select then all at once an rebulid them all in on step. A note of caution, rebuilding with uniform spans will reshape the curve some.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."