Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-07-2010 , 04:14 PM

Maya 2011 - Fluids

Hey Guys,

Just trying out Maya 2011 and its fluids, got to say I'm very impresed. The auto resizing and keep voxels square is great.

The example below uses auto resizing for the container and allows the use of really high fluid resolutions that would really slow your PC down, but it runs nicely!

Its a simple density driven fluid with a ramp on the incandesence using density as an input. You can see the resolution of the fluid container at the bottom of the screengrab. The rendered image is on the right for comparison.

Attached Thumbnails

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 2 21-07-2010 , 12:30 AM
The Nurb Herd

# 3 21-07-2010 , 12:44 AM
Subscriber
how much effort was involved in that flame?

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 21-07-2010 , 07:45 AM

Originally posted by hammer.horror
i guess you may have seen this, but some other may not have.
https://vimeo.com/13457383

Yeah it looks awesome.

Chrone, About 5 min in total and not much effoort when you know what your doing - As its only a density driven fluid so you have 4 things to play with, density emission, density settings, velocity settings for the fluid, opacity, and incandesence driven by the density.

Doing full simulations with fuel, temp and density takes longer as theres more to balance.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle